Thursday, October 31, 2013

Catching up

Today is the last day of my vacation, which has mainly been spent playing Candy Crush.  Today, however, I did manage to get a couple loads of laundry in and pick up the trash that has been accumulating around the upstairs.  Accomplishments!  Of course, it's a tiny dent, imperceptible in the remaining mess, but I feel good about any amount of progress.

My swap package is in the mail, and good riddance to it.  I don't want to see another ball of mohair for a long time now.  I'm pointedly ignoring the one sitting on my desk.  It does not exist in my reality.

Angel sent me a picture of her baby girl wearing the dress I made for her, and also some random hat of Carlin's.


This is a fantastic picture of Gabriella, but not the greatest shot of the garment.  Babies don't make the best clothing models.  For instance, most of the pictures we tried to get of Silas wearing my last test knit looked like this:


So here's a picture of what the dress looks like in entirety.


Isn't it just darling?  It's called "Oriental Lily," but it makes me think of Guinevere.  So sweet.  And Angel was so happy to get something that wasn't pink.  She'd like some brown clothes for Gabby, but it's hard to find brown baby yarn, at least where I shop . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment