Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No Better than Usual

Still trying to get to a place in my life where I can blog regularly.

The baby, he is growing.


So, I made him another hat.  Same pattern, with an extra increase round, an extra body round, and a slight mod to the brim so it wouldn't be super-ruffly.  Ryan was disappointed that I didn't leave it as a beanie, but I'm trying to keep the sun off my son, not make him look stylish.  That just happens naturally.


The cats still don't know what to make of him.  Theo is convinced that Silas is stealing the best seat in the house.

Everyone loves the swing.

In other knitting news, I joined a swap on Ravelry, right before I discovered that babies break the bank.  However, I've pressed on, and managed to avoid overspending.  As it turns out I have lots of things around the house that suit the theme.  The theme is Rainbow, which boils down to picking a color that your partner likes and filling a package with things that are all that color.  Pictures will have to wait, to keep things secret, but I had a lot of fun picking them out/making them.

Some other things I'm working on, since it's work in progress Wednesday:

A 'whimsical' shawl, as my husband described it, made up of various sizes of crocheted stars, from Austentatious Crochet by Melissa Horozewski.





Pictured before I finished all the stars.  Now they're all made, and about 1/3 assembled, and it's a daunting thought that I'll ever have all the ends woven in someday.  I hate it with great intensity, but hopefully I'll mellow out once it's finished and actually wear it.

I'm also making myself a purse out of granny squares.


Speaking of weaving in ends....

No comments:

Post a Comment