Saturday, March 28, 2015

Weekly Dishcloth: On Time for a Change

Log Cabin Dishcloth by Faith Schmidt
Lily Sugar'n Cream, Yellow; Lily Sugar'n Cream Twists, Country Twist


I was underwhelmed when I first saw this week's dishcloth. Another sport-weight garter stitch square? With only log cabin edging to spice it up? I immediately started trawling through Ravelry for something else, but it felt too much like copping out and delaying the inevitable. It occurred to me that it would be ridiculously simple to alter the pattern to use up some of my worsted stash, thus allowing me to move past this pattern quickly and give myself a break from Simply Cotton Sport, so I downloaded the file and opened it to find that it calls for two strands of sport-weight held together, which is basically worsted anyway. Feeling a bit silly, I cast on, and the result is a plain, serviceable dishcloth that I will feel no compunction against using on any level of grime.

No comments:

Post a Comment