Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wrapping up

This edition of WIP Wednesday is brought to you on Thursday courtesy of fussy babies everywhere.

I restarted the Belle Ruffle gloves in blue and white, since I have lots and lots of Caron Simply Soft leftover from when I cosplayed as Rinoa way back in 2006, a time when I believed I could knit anything, no matter how big and crazy.


Also when my hair was long.  I miss my long hair.  Right up until I remember having to wash it.

I cast on enough stitches to make one more ruffle, which gives me a little more wiggle room for my giant hands.  Once I'd finished the ruffly portion, I showed it to my husband, who said he didn't like it.


He said it had been better in the pink and gray, more feminine.  I agreed that I wasn't in love with the new colors, but decided to ask Ravelry just to be sure.  Ravelry said my husband is crazy, so trusting the goodwill of random internet strangers, and the fact that we were on the golf course and I don't golf, I plowed ahead.


It is pretty darn cute, I think.  Reminds me of Disney's Alice in Wonderland.  Blue dress, white pinafore, all that.  Back then, blue was the color for girls, while manly red-shades like pink were for boys.

I also started another dishcloth (crazy, I know) for the sake of Ravelry.  It's a nice balance of mindless and complex.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled UFO Thursday.

I finally finished the Everlasting Bagstopper.  The handle is nice, sturdy single crochet, the ends are woven in, the cats approves.


If you look closely you can even see the second cat in those shots.  Camera-friendly Jiji is not.

Finally, all in one day I managed to finish the crocheted bookmark.


 Thread crochet is a bit tedious when it isn't lacy; it takes forever to see any length appear.  The end result is very nice, however - imagine squashing a worsted-weight bookmark in between the pages.  Yick.

 On the non-crafty side of life, Ryan and I celebrated our 2-year anniversary.  He bought me flowers.


Then we opened our hospital bills, agreed never to buy flowers again, and told Silas he was going to have to get a job.


Anyone know of any openings for a professional milk-taster?



No comments:

Post a Comment